What our Volunteers Do
If you would like to see the centre and what our volunteers have to say about volunteering at Jamyang Leeds. Enjoy the video!
Examples of activities include:
- class facilitators and class assistants
- meet and greet before classes
- helping in our cafe or our shop
- cleaning the centre
- bookkeeping and admin work in the office
- serving as reception and ushers during external events and retreats
- helping with marketing
As a volunteer you can enjoy a wide range of benefits including: support/training sessions every month for new volunteers, regular social events, and in thanks for your help you’ll get free hot-desking and access to our Buddhist classes, You will also get full use of our lending library, advance notice of special events and special audiences with visiting teachers. If you have skills you’d like to share that we haven’t mentioned here, let us know.
The kindness of volunteers is at the very heart of what we do, come and be a part of our team!