with Chrissie Martindale
Wednesdays 6:30pm – 7:30pm 3rd Feb to 1st April
Dru Yoga is a gentle and graceful form of yoga, suitable for both beginners and those with more experience.
Based on flowing movements, directed breathing and visualisation. A typical class could include:
- Warm up movements and stretches to awaken the body
- Flowing sequences to release energy and visualise positive intentions
- Asanas – Yoga postures to increase flexibility and strengthen the core
- Pranayama – Breathing techniques that encourage awareness of the breath and balance energy and emotions
- Yoga Nidri – Relaxation techniques and visualisation to relax the body
- Meditation to focus and strengthen the mind
Chrissie Martindale – Dru Yoga teacher:
Yoga has always been a part of my life. I learned my first moves as a young child with my mum. Then as an adult I attended regular Hatha Yoga classes in the community. In my early 40’s I decided that I wanted to deepen my practice and studied yoga first with the British Wheel of Yoga and then with Dru on their teacher training programme between 2006 and 2008. Since then I have continued my studies both with Dru and with Marilyn Heginbotham. I instinctively loved Dru from the start, it has beautiful flowing movements that work through the spine as well as more traditional Yoga asanas. For me personally it awakens the heart energy and enables compassion for myself and others to grow. You don’t have to have the perfect body and mind to enjoy Dru. I still have some physical and mental challenges and no doubt you will too. Come along with a yoga mat and find out for yourself what it does for you.
Cost: Drop in £7 per class or £30 for 5 classes taken over a 2-month period.
Contact Chrissie on 07944 242080 / firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.